Sheryan is specifically designed for health professionals to direct them through registration and licensing in order to work in Dubai. Sheryan is here to help you to manage your registration. You will be able to renew and restore your professional registration, add and upgrade your registration or schedule oral assessment through the portal. You can also print your professional licence, deal with any complaints as well as claim CPD points. Through the Sheryan portal you will be able to request good standing certificate or issue sick leave.
How to Apply for a Professional Licence
Register an Account with Sheryan Portal
To be able to submit all the documents you will need to have Dubai Health Licencing System/Sheryan account. Use the link provided to get registered. After entering and submitting all your personal information, it will take up to 3 working days for management to approve your account.
Check Your Eligibility
After approval of your Sheryan account, you can proceed and apply for a new professional licence. You will be prompted to upload all your documents to check your eligibility. If you are a nurse and you are practicing in another country you should be eligible.
However, it depends on where you gained your nursing qualification and also at what level. If you gained diploma nursing qualification in some countries such as Pakistan, you may not be able to undertake the DHA exam, even though you are currently practicing let’s say in the United Kingdom as a registered nurse.
The best way forward is to have Degree in Nursing, before you go ahead to apply for a professional licence with the DHA. You will also need to have a few years post registration experience, so this is not a job for newly qualified nurses.
Scan all the documents on your computer before starting the process of uploading them onto the Sheryan portal. You will need to have the following to check your eligibility:
- Recent passport size photograph
- Passport copy valid for more than 6 months
- Nursing/Midwifery educational qualifications at degree level minimum of 3 years full time, stating record of training for all relevant nursing/midwifery programmes calculated in hours, officially translated into english
- Experience certificates: 5 years of post registration experience, references from employers confirming their good health, good character and their competence officially translated into english
- License / registration certificate such as NMC, CNA, BON, DBfK, or NMBA also officially translated into english
- Good Standing Certificate (GSC) no older than 6 months
- Minimum of Basic Life Support (BLS) or ALS
After all is uploaded including a letter of authorization, proceed to payment. It will take up to 6 to 8 weeks for the application to be approved.